Language is essential for every human being. Without language thinking is impossible. It is not only a tool, but also it enhances the skills of mankind. If we want to live as human beings definitely we need language.
Literature is nothing but Art of creating a new text with imagination through language. Literature is the reflection of society and human life. Science says “How the author realised the fact”. Therefore, Literature gives experience and moral values to the readers.
Literature helps human being know How to live in this society? How to face problems? How to make a good society and also helps to know our History.
"If you want to lead a happy life learn Literature"
Tamil is a classical language. It has got several classical literatures, like Sangam Literature, Thirukural, Silappathigaram,Maninegalai,Kamba Ramayanam,Villi Bharatham,Peria Puranam, Nalayira Dhivya Prabhantham, Siddhar Ilakkiyam,Sittrilakkiyam etc…. So only Bharathiar Said “ Tamil is the sweetest of all my languages I know.”
- To get University Rank consistently.
- Overall pass percentages 100%.
- To conduct workshops for the students.
- To conduct atleast two seminars per semester.
- To conduct minimum one guest lecture for the students.
- To conduct orientation programme for the staff members.
- To arrange one state level seminar.
- To conduct two personality development programme.
- To conduct two certificate courses for the students.
- To conduct Literature exhibition for the college students.
Scope for Employment
Tamil Literature scholars have many job opportunities in various field like, Teaching, Translation, Journalism, deciphering inscriptions for archeologists, Media-, Visual & Print, Potential Authors, Poets& Novelists.
1. RESEARCH PAPERS:
Our staff members have presented totally 77 papers in various state level,National level, International level seminars.
2. BOOK PUBLISHED:
Some of our faculty members have enthusiastically published books.
- Ms. A. Jansi Rani has published the book “AZHAGIA SUVADUGAL” (2008).
- Ms. A. Jansi Rani has published the book “VARTHAIGALIL VANAM” (2008).
- Mrs. M. Jayanthi has published the book “ MATHIPPU KALVI” (2009).
3. RADIO TALK:
Many of our staff members have given special lectures in All India Radio.
4. FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME:
The faculty members seize every opportunity to all available of faculty development programmes and other academic activities.In 2008 Ms. Saritha has attended faculty development programme in Bharadhidasan University, Trichy on the topic CAPACITY BUILDING OF WOMEN MANAGERS IN HIGHER EDUCATION
||Dr. A. Geetharamani M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.,
||Mrs. M. Jayanthi M.A., M.Phil., NET (Ph.D.,)
||Ms. N. Vijaya prabha M.A., M.Phil., (Ph.D.,)
|| Mrs. C. Jemitha selin rani M.A., M.Phil.,
|| Mrs. A. Pachaiyammal M.A., M.Phi., (Ph.D.,)
|| Mrs. K. Rathika M.A., M.Phil., (Ph.D.,)
|| Ms. A. Jansi Rani M.A., M.Phil.,NET (Ph.D.,)
|| Ms. K. Shiyamala M.A., M.Phil., (B.Ed)
|| Mrs. M. Jothilakshmi M.A., M.Phil., (Ph.D.,)
|| Mrs. C.Neelaveni M.A., M.Phil.,
|| Ms. R. Ambika M.A., M.Phil., (Ph.D.,)
|| Dr. S. Saravana Kumari M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., NET
|| Ms. R. Sasikala M.A., M.Phil., B.Ed., (Ph.D.,)
|| Mrs. C. Priyadhericini M.A., M.Phil B.Ed.,
|| Ms. G. Lakshmi Devi M.A., M.Phil., NET
|| Ms. M. Saritha M.A., M.Phil., NET